Friday, December 7, 2007

This guy Murphy sucks.

So, today I am working hard, as always. My wife and I chat briefly about how my middle son wants a mummy toy for Christmas. So much so, that he asked Santa for it in both verbal and written form. Not sure what the fascination with a mummy is, but do you know how hard it is to find a mummy during the Holiday (for us Christmas) season????
So, after an exhaustive search I settled on a stuffed DOG toy that looks like a decent mummy. Of course, I have no dog. But it was the only one that didn't look either weird or super-cheap. Funny thing paying $8 +shipping for a dog toy.
Of course, I happen to be in the middle of ordering it when my supervisor walks in. I awkwardly explain that my son wants a mummy and that I could only find a dog toy and yes, I was ordering it right there. Of course, Tuesday he walked in when I was on the phone with my mother and yesterday when I was on the phone with a co-worker. So, I must look like the biggest slacker ever.
Murphy should be taken out back and caned.
His law of humanity is the worst thing ever created.
So, needless to say, he did seem to somewhat understand, but ya know, I AM trying to get hired here....
Anyhow, murphy's law also dictates that if you are trying to sneak out early, he'll happen to be in the lobby. All in all, not too cool.
As for the order: went through and my son will be happy to get a dog toy this Christmas.

So on with the show. Small slide on the market. Timed the viacom stock.It is a roller coaster and I'm gonna make some (small) spread using my free trading account. God Bless BofA for that one.
Open an e-trade account and save some spread: no minimums, free $25, $1 deposit to start. Easy transfer in and out of your account.
Etrade free $25
Not a bad place to park some money, even if only a little. High rate around 5%. Good deal. No referral bonus for me, so just looking out for y'all. Save a little for a rainy or snowy day.
Or both, like today.
Well, if anyone out there in dreamland can tell me how I can make some money on the side to populate the above mentioned account, I would love to hear it.
There used to be this site called itmoonlighter.com back in the day. One could go and put in a bid on a job and the it was sort of like getting a road paving contract: lowest bidder wins. The site made money by handling all the billing (and of course making a cut) and by posting the jobs/projects in the first place. I never had any luck with that. I just want to use a couple of hours (at most) a night and do something useful and make some money. Not even a lot of money. Just something to stash away to help pay for the $400,000 or whatever the 3 kids will cost for college.
Well, peace to my homies!
-K

4 comments:

David J said...

Here's a way to make a few bucks every month but its not much. There are 3 companies that basically have a stranglehold on baby formula. Each has its own website where you go and enter a due date for a baby coming. Then you ask your family and friends to do the same things. Next thing you know, you are being bombarded with free certificate checks worth $200 (or less) of coupons. Great you say Dave, I hvae no need for baby formula. Then you take all the checks/coupons you received own your own and from friends and fip them on Ebay. I had coupons coming to me at my work address. To my next door neighbor. To my single friends. Each was usually for $5 off a purchase and I usually got atleast $2 from a buyer on ebay. Its a no brainer, very easy. U make money, mommy & daddy with hungry baby save money.

Stay tuned for my next installment on how Paul can make extra money where we take Paul and his hunky hairy chest out dancin for some bills (pun intended)

kuntzy said...

Thanks Dave. Been there, done that, currently do that. I am saturated from that perspective.
I want no part of hairy chests and bills.
Seriously though, someone out there must need a cheap, beginner level web designer to do basic maintenance. I would think.

David J said...

my friend joe needs someone to do his construction web site for him. he doesnt have much $ though for development. I have been doing it free for him but its blatantly obvious i suck and have no mad skillz like you and van have. Here's the link..check it out and if you want to talk to him about giving him a real site, let me know.

www.tregoconstruction.com

kuntzy said...

I'll check it out!