Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Interesting

So, not much new to report. I will be pretty busy here in the near future, so who knows what I'll be able to get up here in the next couple of days.
Couple of things that astounded me:
Volkswagen created a super-clean, super-powerful, super-efficient diesel engine. It runs cleaner than gasoline, has comparable power to a v6 using only a v4 2.0 L engine, and gets 74 mpg. Amazing. I cannot wait to see that make an impact. (In this month's popular mechanics magazine)
This one takes the cake: MIT has posted its course curriculum online for anyone to download for free. That includes lecture materials, exercises, assignments, and all the other wonderful things you did in college. They are not from this year or last, but range in years from 2003-2005. Not that statistics has changed much in two short years. I think they will be statistically valid ;). I am 100% serious, you want to study like an MIT student, here it is: MIT's OCW materials
That will revolutionize education online.
Well, that's all I've got for now. More when I can,
-K

3 comments:

David J said...

Hey Paul,
I hope you being busy is a good kind of being busy. Unfortunately, I will be busy too but a bad busy. Bad busy meaning spending time with the wife's bi-polar family and doing all their crazy xmas stuff. I just cant wait for Festivus. Just got my Festivus pole the other day. Stop thinking of my pole Paul.

furiousBall said...

Now if VW would actually make an affordable car bigger than the Golf.

David J said...

sorry Paul. cant ever consider the VW. would make my grandfather roll over in his grave. i know, i know, it was 60+ yrs ago...cant do it!!