Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hello

Hey out there, not much new to report. Had a den meeting last night that went well, but I sort of felt unprepared despite my preparations. I am sure it was okay and that I am being overly critical, but perhaps I need more activities to make the children feel more engaged. At least I can say that my tiger cubs will be getting their bobcat badges.
As for the holiday shopping, I think we are in for it, as we have a lot of shopping to do. I am hoping that we can get it all done. Mostly we have shopping for others to do and only to grab a few things for the little ones.
Boy has the market been a downer lately. All gains over a few days seem to get erased by a single day's decline. I can see how the boomers must be feeling a bit nervous, as their retirement is based on the market performance in almost any fashion. There really is no place to hide from what we are in. I guess the moves to make are in where you are now when the market does recover. It will recover, but is a question of when. Hang in there and we'll make out fine.
Well, I think I will head out with the baby in tow to try and get a Christmas card for my wife. Actually two, one from the kids as well.
Well, talk to y'all soon!
-K

3 comments:

furiousBall said...

now she's going to know what you're getting her if michelle reads this

nice one, mclovin

David J said...

hey mclovin- dont buy cards. just take $2 and write merry xmas on the bills. then she can actually use the $2 to buy something nice like a 1/4 of a cup of coffee at starbux, instead of reading the card and tossing it into the kindling pile infront of the fireplace.

kuntzy said...

Well, that would be true if she read this(or knew it existed) and if I was buying it. But we saw it in the theaters on our anniv. in Sept. I think that was the first movie we had seen in the theaters in years that wasn't either pixar or dreamworks.
As for the cards, nice thought. But that won't fly. It is a waste, but I can't not give cards. I'll lose my head. Especially the ones from the boys.