Thursday, December 20, 2007

Not much

That's about what is new. I am just having fun finishing up with holiday nonsense. Funny how hard it can be to mail a package. I finally succeeded today after trying for the last 4 days. Every time the PO was either packed to the hilt or the automated machine was full or down. Fun stuff. All in all, can't wait until the world returns to normality.
I cannot wait to see my boys in their Christmas concert tomorrow. They were practicing the songs today. They will be so cute up there!
Brendan earned his bobcat badge this week and is on his way to the tiger badge. I was very happy. My whole tiger cub den has earned their bobcat badge and are on their way to Tiger. We are preparing for a trip to the firehouse to learn about fire safety in early January and we will be carving the car for the pinewood derby. I think I can win it using some of my engineering skills. I think the key is straight, easy rolling wheels. Straight is the key, as you don't want vibrations in the wheels to increase friction. I also think that some graphite powder on the axles will do wonders. As for weighting, I would like to be just at weight. As more weight means more friction on the wheels. Otherwise, there is not much else you can do to improve. no fans or other motor devices allowed.
Any bloggers out there have any ideas, I am up for hearing them.
As for the stock market: we must wait it out until next year. People will not be doing much of anything good for about a month. Then its quarterly and annual earning season once again and look out.
Well, its late. I'm tired.
Talk to you soon!
-K

3 comments:

David J said...

yeah man, friction is not a good thing....k-1, graphite, its all good. paul, dont worry about mailing me my gift on time..if you couldnt get to the post office because it was busy, i understand. thanx though for thinking of me. i wonder what it is!!

furiousBall said...

I put a sliding weight in the bottom of my car, so the weight shifted as it went down the ramp. if you get it set right, it is unstoppable

do that or put those pop out blades so you can chop up your competition's car. or a big hammer like on those battling robot shows

kuntzy said...

I love those battling robot car shows. Those things were pretty cool. sliding weight is an interesting concept. i'll have to try it out.