Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween


Hello out there trick-or-treaters, sorry for the delay.
Halloween was fun, though I missed Brendan and Mateo's parade at school. I had a moved conf. call that unfortunately made me miss. One other side-effect of only being a contractor.
So, my wife took the kids (all 3) and I stayed home to hand out candy. I got to read about a third of Cell by Stephen King, which is a book more back to his horror-movie type of roots. So, on Halloween night, that was a treat. I was surprised by the sheer number of 12-15 yr. olds who were out treatin'. They were mostly nice, though some of the kids were "hootin and hollerin" as they walked down the street. No matter, though, they weren't paperin' and weren't eggin' so it could be so much worse I suppose. Didn't get that many overall treaters' so I got some good reading done. (and sampled some candy.... to ensure freshness).

Work was okay, got some spread for helpin' out a friend on the side. That was nice. I like moonlighting quite a bit. Wish I could get more. To quote the Wedding Singer: "No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in."

Well, there's like only two people who read this. So Hi Dave and Hi Van. Funny that you are both CBH folks. Hope all is well out there. Hang in there both of you. I know you are both going through hard times in different ways, but remember this: "Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn." (anyone know that one. from one of my top 10 movies of all time --see below)

It's gotta be true. How could it not???

Miss you guys.
(Go Broncos!)
-K


My top 8 action/warmovies in no particular order. Its hard to rank greatness on this scale and only 8, not 10 because its late and I'm tired....:

* Pulp Fiction What now? Let me tell you what now. I’ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin’ {fellas}, who’ll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin’, hillbilly boy? I ain’t through with you by a damn sight. I’ma get medieval on your ass.
* Platoon (yeah, that's the one above.)
* Tombstone I'm your Huckleberry. Why, that's just my game.
* Apocolypse Now I love the smell of napalm in the morning..... .....smells like victory
* Goodfellas The way I see it: everybody's gotta take a beating sometime.
* Full Metal Jacket The deadliest weapon in the world is a marine and his rifle. It is your killer instinct which must be harnessed if you expect to survive in combat. Your rifle is only a tool. It is a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead marines. And then you will be in a world of shit. Because marines are not allowed to die without permission! Do you maggots understand?
* Black Hawk Down "When I get home and people ask me,'Hey, Hoot, why do you do it, man? What are you? Some kind of war junkie? I won't say a goddamn word. Why? They won't understand. They won't understand why we do it. They won't understand that it's about the men next to you. And that's it. That's all it is."
* Gladiator Today I saw a slave become more powerful than the Emperor of Rome.

More top 10 lists to come. 'night!


1 comment:

David J said...

Good call on Pulp...."I carried this uncomfortable hunk of metal..."

"zed's dead baby. zed's dead"