Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hi Dave.

That should be said with that eerie HAL computer voice from 2001 a Space Odyssey. Anyway, didn't mean to offend you with my no personal thing. You are totally right, people want to know what's up in your life.
So here goes, I went to work this morning as normal. Must say that I enjoy commuting with the wife and kids and only driving for 15 minutes. Work is okay, nothing spectacular yet. As a contractor, you are sort of the outsider and that makes it odd. People are helpful because they realize they are paying you for a specific job and they damn well better not impede you from doing it. On the other hand, since I am solely focused on a single project, there is little distraction (other than my own ramblings) from the task at hand. Plus, no logging in at night and no worries about whether something I put together is running correctly overnight.
All in all, seems pretty nice now. For now, I feel that I could be more productive, since I am not stressed out. But I am sure in time that will pass.
Took my son to his second pack meeting for scouts and the whole family came. It was mass chaos. I don't recall the scout meetings of my youth being so filled with screaming wild beasts running around. But then again, I was one of them, so perhaps that is why I don't remember. At any rate, I am pretty frustrated about the fact that I am supposed to be the tiger den leader and don't know who is in my den after 2 months. Pretty irritating to me and the other parents.
Can't wait for Halloween tomorrow. Should be fun handing out and eating the candy.
I have drawn baby watch and therefore will be the doorman handing out candy. Also should be interesting. Perhaps during the large lulls in "traffic" I can catch up on Cell by Stephen King. I picked it up from Christmas Tree Shops for $2.99 hardcover. I suppose there might be some missing pages or something to surprise me, but that is a DEAL!!
Gotta love Christmas Tree Shops.

Before I go, a few finance things: 1. when is the best time to invest: NOW; 2. but K, I don't have any money to invest - you do, just don't realize it; 3. watch the FED tomorrow. Big decisions are brewing; 4. Lastly, take advantage of your friends: they are there to shamelessly abuse.

Seriously though: referrals=good. And that applies to new accounts, job referrals, etc.

So now, the sign off.
Later
-K

1 comment:

furiousBall said...

Glad you shortened the commute amigo, I'll be handing out candy myself tonight. Say howdy to the wife and kiddos for me.