Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hey

So, buy or hold. I fear the market is on a down turn. And it might last for a while. Warren Buffett recommends ETFs for a reason. Basically, you can buy into a large chunk of stocks and sit on it. (Not figuratively or literally).
For an uninformed investor, guessing timing and which stock is most likely to recover is hard. I can't say. The only real factor here is oil prices that can turn in our favor. All else is not looking good. Housing bad, credit crunch bad, war bad. Our only economical saving grace will be lower oil barrel prices. Some experts think it can happen. Gas Buddy <--Interesting site. Allows you to plot up to 6 yrs. gas price history. Plot the U.s. price vs. oil prices. See how the margin (gap between the lines) pull away very wide lately? That means one of two things: speculation on the price of crude oil is way out of line and large correction will happen soon. (Say yeah for everyone, incl. our economy.) Or it could mean gas at the pump will spike to $4 this winter.(Boo for everyone but the conservationists who will love the drive for green tech.
(Please check out links to Popular Science in previous post for something to hope for)
All in all, stay the course. Nothing has come out to drive things either way. Consumer confidence dip did not substantially impact market today, leading me to believe we are in a temporary plateau.

Otherwise, things are fine for me. Not much new.
Hope all of you reading this are alright!
Amusing Filipino humor

Hang in there for now!
-K

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

I've been doing my part to cut back my own consumption of gas. I ride my bike to work once a week. I still haven't turned my heat on (except when company comes over) and I run my wood burning stove, which does a fine job for keeping my casa comfy. I do it only for the money factor, but the knowledge that it's good for the planet ain't terrible either.

David J said...

gosh darn it paul...now you tell me to stay the course?! i just got out of all my equity holdings and put it in some investment from an email i got in nigeria. hey van, when you get a chance, to learn about saving money, and be entertained by the things in my life, check out:
http://www.davidjsilver.blogspot.com/
if you havent already!